Why Chris Evans Wants to Retire From Acting

 Why Chris Evans Wants to Retire From Acting (ABC News)

Are you a fan of Chris Evans's films?

You'd better get your fill of them while you can.

The actor, 32, said that he's planning to retire from acting.

"I've known for a while I wanted to direct," Evans told Variety. "But [time] never really opens up.

There's another movie to do, there's another acting job. It just got to a point where I was like, you know what -- I have to do this."

Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth Dish on 'The Avengers'

Evans, who is contractually obligated to at least three more "Avengers" and "Captain America" sequels over the next few years, said that he doesn't plan to act much beyond that. And while he's grateful for the opportunities that his superhero role has afforded him, he misses his anonymity.
"For all I know, in five years, I might say, 'S---, I miss acting.'" he acknowledged. "Right now, I just want to get behind the camera and make movies."

In fact, he said that very thing to an agent, who tried to change his mind.
"We're turning a corner," he insisted.

Comments

Popular Posts