J Crew Lowers Prices


 

IT's the news that shoppers have been wanting for years - J Crew is lowering its prices over the next few months. The brand's "middle of the road" merchandise is set to become more affordable this season.

"For spring, you'll see our prices much more friendly this year," said J Crew chairman and CEO Mickey Drexler. "We can't compete with designers. Our Madison Avenue and 66th Street Collection store does an enormous amount of business."

J Crew, which opened its first British store in London last November, has been criticised in the past for its high prices. Drexler believes that democratic prices shouldn't mean that quality is compromised.

"I grew up in the Bronx," he told WWD. "I resent the masses thing. I find the world isn't that high-integrity. Maybe I grew up not being able to afford nice things, but it shouldn't be that way. I wanted nice clothes that aren't crazily priced."

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts